Otafuku: Takoyaki Kit for 4 ppl (6.4 oz / 180g)
Otafuku Takoyaki set is an individualised cooking set containing; Takoyaki mix powder, tempura crisps, pickled ginger and aonori (dried seaweed), to easily prepare Japanese takoyaki.
With the additional (not included in the pack) of green onions, eggs and octopus (or anything you want to put inside like squid, meet, cheese, or vegetables), you can create delicious takoyaki.
What is Takoyaki?
Tkoyaki is a Japanese savoury ball-shaped pancake that mainly consists of batter and octopus or any other filling you like.
The word "Tako" means Octopus, and the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter base. The most common filling is of course octopus, but you can put squid, shrimp, cheese or anything you think would match with.
DIRECTIONS OF USE:
- Put 510cc water in a bowl. Add the 1 bag of flour mix and 2 eggs and stir well.
- Warm a Takoyaki Hot Plate up to 200 degree and grease. Put the dough up to half of the holes.
- Put the ingredients over the dough and again add rest of the dough until it overflows.
- Cook 1min and a half, and turn the dough to make it round. In order to make the dough round, move the overflow dough inside the holes.
- Keep turning until it becomes round and brown.
- Add Aonori (which comes with the set) or any topping you want like Takoyaki Sauce, Japanese Mayonnaise, and Bonito Flakes.
- Contents: Set for 4 Servings (about 32 pieces of Takoyaki)
- Made in: Japan
Best before 05/13/2021