Dashi-no-Moto Kombu, Kelp Powder Stock 7 sticks (1.98oz/56g)
Great for vegetarians, this soup stock contains no meat, just seaweed. Use with miso paste to make miso soup, or with soy sauce and red pepper to make chige hot pot. Can also be used in soup bases for noodle dishes. Highly versatile and important in Japanese cooking.
Dashi is a hugely versatile ingredient that is the basis for many dishes such as noodle soup or mixed with miso paste for miso soup. Traditionally made from katsuobushi bonito flakes and konbu kelp strained together, this instant variety is much quick and easier to prepare.
How To Use
• For noodle dipping sauces use 1 stick of dashi with 1 litre of water.
• For boiled dishes use 1/2 a stick with 600ml water.
• Vinegared and pickled dishes will require 1/4 stick of dashi.
• Use 1/2 a stick of dashi with 4 bowls worth of rice for ochazuke.
• Sushi vinegar needs 1/2 stick per 75ml.
• Stews and boiled tofu requires 1/2 stick of dashi with 1 litre per water.
Product of Japan